Volunteer and Capacity Building Organiser
Winchester and Chandler's Ford Liberal Democrats
£17,000 - £18,000 pro rata based on experience
Winchester and Chandlers Ford Liberal Democrats are looking for an enthusiastic people person to work with and help recruit volunteers to join their local campaign team.
The successful individual will have the opportunity to help run a double election, looking to take back a marginal Parliamentary seat with a new candidate at the 2015 General Election, and helping the Liberal Democrats increase their representation on the Council.
The successful candidate will be highly personable, have excellent communication skills and telephone manner, and have the ability to inspire individuals and groups.
Key roles and responsibilities
1. To coordinate and drive the identification, recruitment, training, development, motivation and retention of members and volunteers to mutually agreed targets.
2. To oversee the organisation of volunteers to deliver the constituency campaign plan.
3. To advise the line manager, as appropriate, on organisational, communication, and/or maintenance priorities which may benefit the smooth running of the campaign.
4. To undertake such training as is recommended to develop and update required skills
5. To undertake such other duties as the line manager may require to further effective communication, campaigning and organisation in the district.
The post is a fixed-term contract until June 2015.
The post operates on a full-time basis, 40 hours per week, but actual daily working hours and days are flexible.
The post will involve regular evening and weekend working, for which time off in lieu will be available.
13 August 2014
Interviews will take place in the week of 18th August. Start date as swiftly as possible.
Please email email@example.com for an application pack
If you have any queries about the role, please call Tim on 07789754727.