James lives locally in Beech Road with his wife Hattie. For the past 26 years, James has held director level posts at UK-based cruise lines, having previously worked in industry following a degree in social sciences and industrial engineering.
All four of James and Hattie's children went to Thornden School and Peter Symonds. He has served as a Governor at Fryern Junior School.
James' plan for our area
James will keep up the pressure to tackle traffic congestion on local roads, to promote jobs and to keep our area unique character.
James is an experienced and diligent member of Chandlers Ford Parish Council. His business and community experience is just what we need on the County Council.
James' priorities include:
- Reinstating the plan for a lorry ban through residential local roads.
- Completing the Borough Council's investment in our sports facilities.
- Encouraging cycling and walking.
- Working to improve the County Council's finances to protect local public services.
- Follow James on Twitter: @JamesIDuguid
- Become Friends with James on Facebook: facebook.com/james.duguid.585
Will you volunteer