Experienced local Lib Dem Councillor Richard Izard is standing for re-election to the City Council. The other member of the Lib Dem Team standing for election is Robert Johnston. Robert has been a City Councillor since 2002.
Richard and Robert are two experienced candidates for two seats on the City Council to represent our community, at this time of significant change in the District.
Richard Izard - local commitment and passion
- Richard has been a member of the City Council for the past 10 years.
- He and his wife Elaine have lived in Colden Common for more than 30 years.
- He has served on Colden Common Parish Council for more than 26 years, eleven of those as Chair.
- He’s a member of the City Council Planning Committee, shadow portfolio holder for Neighbourhood Services, including new housing, a member of the Standards Committee and Chair of the Licensing Sub Committee.
- A long career with housing associations enables Richard to bring professional experience to his role as Policy Advisor to the Twyford Neighbourhood Plan.
Contact Richard: 01962 712167 firstname.lastname@example.org
Robert Johnston - experience and energy
- Robert has been a member of Winchester City Council since 2002, after retiring from an international career in the print industry.
- He has been Chair of Planning and of Licensing at WCC and a member of other committees, taking an active interest in all activities of the City Council.
- He Chairs the Twinning committee between Winchester and Geissen in Germany. In January he helped to organise a wonderfully moving concert in Winchester Cathedral featuring over 300 schoolchildren from both cities.
- He is a director of Winchester Housing Trust which unites business and the community in an effort to provide quality, affordable housing in the Winchester District.
- Robert served as a magistrate for twelve years.
- He was a Director of the Winchester Savers, now part of Hampshire Credit Union, and served for nearly ten years as a Trustee of Citizens Advice, the CAB.
Contact Robert: 01962 620610 robert.johnston50@ntlworldcom