After achieving one of the biggest increases in the Liberal Democrat vote in the 2017 General Election, and coming within 84 votes of taking control of Winchester City Council in 2018, Winchester District Liberal Democrats are looking for a new Campaign Organiser who can help us:
- Win the Winchester Parliamentary Constituency at the next General Election.
- Win control of Winchester City Council in 2019
Essence of role:
This role will be at the heart of the organisation and critical to our success.
Key accountabilities include:
- Leading production of creative and effective digital and printed communication to deliver our agreed literature plan.
- Coordinating the work of local volunteers - ensuring we have an active and energised team of members and supporters strong enough to achieve our electoral objectives
- Managing the Constituency Office.
- Collaborating effectively with the local party – and other partners supporting the local party’s campaigns, such as ALDC, National Campaigns Department and the Eastleigh local party.
- Supporting the management of the local party’s electoral and membership data
- Monitoring and responding to contacts via the office and the website.
We're looking for someone who is:
- Goal Oriented: Setting and achieving ambitious goals.
- Collaborative: Able to maintain productive relationships with PPC, Local Party Chair, Councillors, Campaign Team, Local Party Executive, National Campaigns Department and Eastleigh Local Party.
- Motivating: Strong ability to achieve results via other people – motivating and energising volunteers
- Organised: Able to handle a large and varied workload. Work and set clear practical priorities for themselves and others
- Takes Initiative: Creatively identifies opportunities to deliver objectives
- Shares our values: Sympathise with aims and objectives of the Lib Dems
with skills in:
- Campaigning: Practical experience of delivering political change and/or winning elections via effective campaigning.
- Desktop & Digital Publishing and Design: Production of strong literature via DTP – including, preferably, PagePlus
- Computing: Confidence with word-processing and spreadsheets. Knowledge of databases preferred.
- Basic print operation: Ability to operate laser printers and other office machinery (e.g. envelope stuffing machines) preferred.
- Financial management: Basic budget management
Having a full driving driving licence and access to a car is desirable - but not essential.
|Location:||Winchester District Liberal Democrats Office, 9 City Business Centre, Hyde Street, Winchester SO23 7TA|
|Hours:||Subject to agreement, up to a 37½ hour average week – with longer hours during election campaigns and time in lieu after the campaign|
|Salary:||£19 - 25K FTE equivalent, depending on experience|
|Application process:||To apply for this position, please submit a CV and covering letter by email to Lynda Murphy, Vice-Chair Winchester Liberal Democrats via email@example.com. If available, please also include examples of printed and/or online campaigns that you have designed. All applications will be acknowledged.|
|Closing date for application:||
12 October 2018
ASAP, by agreement.
To find out more, or get a copy of the detailed job specification, please contact Lynda on firstname.lastname@example.org