Job Title: Campaign Organiser, Winchester District Liberal Democrats
Responsible to: Local Party Chairman
Salary: £21,000 - £26,000 pa (pro rata)
Vacancies: One FTE or Two PT/Job Share positions
Hours: FTE 37.5 hours or PT/Job Share 20 hours per week
Location: 9 City Business centre, Hyde Street, Winchester, SO23 7TA
Purpose of position
As campaign organiser, you will be the face of the Winchester District Liberal Democrats. We have just won control of the local council, increased our local membership to over 1000, and come within touching distance of winning a parliamentary seat. With elections every year, we are looking for either a highly skilled individual or two part time/ job share employees, to help propel us to the next level.
You will be expected to manage and inspire a large team of volunteers, lead production on all our digital and printed literature, be proactive in communications through email and our website to all our electorate, and support management of our electoral and membership data.
The role offers flexible working hours and conditions although it will require evening and weekend work, particularly during campaign periods. There is a single car parking space available, but we encourage you to use a rather more sustainable form of transport if possible.
If you are a friendly, motivated, committed, and organised person interested in managing the activities of a local political party, then please apply to join us.
- Coordinating the work of local volunteers; ensuring we have an active, positive, happy, and energised team of volunteers, members, and supporters
- Lead the production of creative digital and printed literature
- Ensuring communications via our website, social media, email, and Royal Mail are proactive in order to engage and include all members, supporters, voters, and activists
- Support the management of the local parties electoral and membership data in accordance with GDPR
- Work closely with the local party executive and councillors to ensure our key objectives are met
- Manage our Winchester office ensuring a tidy, efficient, and pleasant environment for all visitors and/or users
- External collaboration with the regional and national party and well as other external stakeholders
Essential skills and traits
- A warm, welcoming, and open personality that can; engage, energise, motivate, and manage a team of volunteers
- Effective communication and networking skills
- Can work alone with minimum supervision, and an ability to self-motivate
- A resilience to a high-pressure environment especially during election campaigns
- Strong organisational skills that include the ability to; manage and prioritise a large and varied workload, appropriate delegation, and up to date communication of task progress to the executive
- Willingness to learn new skills and knowledge
- To be aware of, understand, and appreciate our values and objectives that are derived from the national Liberal Democrats
Desirable skills and traits
- Digital design and publishing in both online on printed content
- Knowledge of website design, maintenance, and communications
- Database management and maintenance
- Microsoft office applications with specific skills in mail merge and excel usage
- Financial and budget management
- Some understanding in electoral expenses and electoral law
- An ability to openly contribute to the local party’s development
- Campaigning experience through either being involved in an election campaign, or through single issue campaigning
- A full driving licence and access to a car
- Application is by CV and a covering letter.
- Your cover letter should be no longer than two A4 pages and indicate clearly how your experience and skill meet the criteria stated in the job specification. Your CV should include your employment history and your educational history and results.
- Your CV and cover letter be sent by email to the Winchester District Liberal Democrats Chairperson at [email protected] , along with the details of two referees, (one from your previous employer)
- Closing date for applications is Monday the 17th February 2020.
- Shortlisted applicants for interview will be notified byTuesday 18th February 2020, and be invited to interview. Unsuccessful applicants will be notified on this date also
- Any successful applicants will be given the opportunity to declare any disabilities so that we can make any adjustments for the interview process
- Interviews will take place shortly after in our Winchester office (see location at top of advert).
- Selected applicants following interview will be expected to begin work by a date agreed by the applicant and Chairperson.
We will not be able to employ you if you are not eligible to work in United Kingdom and are unable to obtain a work permit on your behalf.
The Liberal Democrats are equal opportunity employers and particularly welcome applications from groups and individuals who are currently underrepresented.