Thank you for visiting our page on the objection to build a quarry and landfill site in Shedfield.
The latest news is that the applicant has provided new information to Hampshire County Council - and there is a new deadline for further comments to the Council - Monday 15 March 2021.
The impact that this application would have on the local community if it was successful could be devastating. Hundreds of residents along with a number of Parish Councils, District and County Councillors have expressed their objection to HCC. Over 2400 have signed an online petition. There is a serious concern with the development of a quarry at this location. The site is within 500 metres of a local school. Health issues such from the possible silica dust particles could effect those with respiratory problems.
This development proposal will be damaging in so many aspects and we urge you to join the campaign through the links below.
- Formally object to the proposal: Hampshire County Council Planning Application details
- Update advice on making your objection: Summary of reasons to object (updated)
- Follow the community Facebook page: Shedfield Facebook Page
- Sign the petition: Petition against Five Oaks Farm Planning Application
- Order a garden poster: Quarry Campaign Poster Order Form
If you'd like to be kept up to date with the campaign, please provide your details below: