We need change in Winchester and our market towns and villages - only the Liberal Democrats will deliver it.
Our roads are crumbling, and repairing all our pavements will take many years! Conservation areas in Winchester and across the district are at risk according to Historic England.
Conservative run Winchester is weak on developers and fails to make them pay for the affordable housing and infrastructure we need. While the complacent Conservatives tell us all is well, the Liberal Democrats will take action to stop the rot.
Council Candidate Ian Gordon will campaign for improvements in our area. Ian says:' This is a large ward with many different communities and priorities. Of course, I will be taking up other issues as they arise, but I hope you agree, these are some that are shared by us all.'
● Making sure our Post Offices work well at Sutton Scotney and Worthy Down
● Delivery of Littleton Flood Alleviation.
● Early delivery (and expansion of) Park and Ride plans at Barton Farm
● More frequent, more reliable rural bus services and a Winchester Bus Station that works for us whilst we wait.
● Higher standards of (and faster) road repairs for real roads
● Better planning enforcement
● Better opportunities for doorstep recycling, including glass
● Better walking and cycling routes between communities
● More affordable housing right across the ward
● Working up plans to reduce the effect of traffic during the M3/A34 roadworks & closures
● Ensuring rural areas get the financial support they need from Winchester City Council
● We must 'have a say' in the future of ATR site